Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fun and different twist on cooking chicken breasts. Your taste buds will thank you!
Make and share this Feta & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depends on the size)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Start by washing chicken breasts.
- Carefully slit "pockets" into the breasts so they can be filled with the spinach mixture.
- Warm the olive oil in skillet.
- Press the clove of garlic and saute.
- Pat the thawed spinach off and "saute" in the oil and garlic mixture. (warm the spinach until it is limp and warmed through).
- Mix the spinach mixture with the feta cheese and set aside.
- Cook and lightly brown the chicken breasts.
- Take the spinach/feta mixture and stuff into the chicken pockets. *Be careful not to puncture through the breast*.
- Close the pocket with the toothpicks and continue to brown the breasts until desired browness.
- If any of the spinach mix falls out of the breasts, I usually push it to the side of the pan and let it cook a bit more and then top the breasts when serving.
- These breasts taste great served with rice and steamed veggies!
Very yummy - everyone liked it. Next time I would stuff the chicken and put it in the oven for easier cooking. Thanks!