1/3 Photos of Festive Chocolate Cream Pudding - Microwave
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
I made this for Christmas day lunch, experimenting with microwave recipes found in "Christmas Microwave Know-How". The recipes are designed for a 650/700 watt microwave, and mine is a little larger, so I adjusted cooking times accordingly, cooking for slightly shorter times than suggested. I was very pleased with how simple it was to turn out an attractive and delicious pudding! The original recipe called for 2 tsp of instant coffee powder, but my children don't care for coffee, so I subbed 2 tsp of cocoa powder instead, for a chocolate pudding. Next time, I will fold in some chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips, for a richer pudding. I might also substitute some of the milk for cream, maybe about 150 ml. A tblsp of rum might be nice too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together the brown sugar, cornflour, plain flour and cocoa powder, and then whisk together with the milk in a large bowl.
- 2Microwave at 100% (High) for 7 - 71/2 minutes, until thick, whisking every 2 minutes.
- 3Lightly beat the egg yolks, and mix in 6 tbls of the hot custard. Blend thoroughly, then stir the yolk mixture into the remaining custard.
- 4Microwave on High for another 1 - 2 minutes, or until thick. Beat in the butter, then cover with cling film and cool.
- 5Whisk the egg white until stiff, and fold into the custard. Pour into individual glasses. You might like to top it with a swirl of whipped cream!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Chocolate Cream Pudding - Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.6 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g