Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a classic combination. Try it and I hope you love it as much as I do. This is the basic recipe you can add tomatoes while cooking and potatoes too if you like. You can add a whole lot of other spices too. Serve as a side dish with dal and rice or chapatis
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bunches spring onions, chopped
- 3 green chilies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2⁄3 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon turmeric
- 450 g peeled prawns
- 1⁄2 bunch of fresh fenugreek leaves
- 2 tomatoes (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the spring onion and green chillies and then cook for a few mins.
- Add the Standard Four and cook stirring for about 2 mins Stir in the prawns and the fenugreek leaves chopped and cook gently for 20 mins.
- After this reduce the heat to very low and simmer for 3 mins more.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a platter and serve the prawns hot immediately.
Very good full of flavor and spice. The fenugreek leaves I used were frozen I had a hard time finding the fresh. I think spinach will be a good substitute for them. I served this on a bed of Saffron Rice review #55617 and garnished with fresh tomato wedges topped with fried onions and sliced scallions. I will make this again with cauliflower and chickpeas.