Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw a recipe which I used as a guide. Used breasts instead of pieces, increased the garlic & poached the chicken in the marinade first as my meat was very thick. Finished by browning the chicken for a more appetising appearance. YUM! Great for garlic lovers. Prep time does not include marinating time, as that can vary, depending on the time you have.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 -10 black peppercorns, whole
- 2 lemons, juice of, about ¼ cup
- parsley, one bunch,about ¼ cup
- olive oil
- butter, for frying (optional)
- Trim chicken as desired, cut a couple of diagonal slashes in each piece and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients, except oil and butter to food processor and blend to a paste.
- With motor running, drizzle in oil until the mixture is a pale green.
- I used about ¼ cup, but this can vary to taste.
- Cover the chicken with marinade and refrigerate for as long as possible, 3-24 hours.
- Melt butter in pan (if using) and turn the heat down.
- Place chicken breasts in pan with all the marinade and cover.
- The meat I used was very thick, but if your chicken breasts are thinner it may be possible to skip this step and just fry or grill more quickly over a higher heat.
- After about 10 minutes the steam has helped cooked through the chicken.
- Remove lid, increase heat (med-high) and brown chicken on both sides.
- I served this with a side of steamed spinach and Felicitys Stuffed Red Peppers, also here on Zaar.
- I had some leftovers, cold for lunch, and they were delicious, the garlic flavour had intensified& the meat was moist.
Made this tonight. I only had about 5 hours to marinate it in and it would have been even more scrumptious with an overnight one. The only thing that I did different was to add 1/4 cup dry white to the marinade. I "steamed it 10 minutes a side and then took off the lid and turned up the heat and fried for an additional 5 minutes a sidde. We deglazed the skillet with some low sodium chicken broth and added a little half and half to make a sauce. Had that over the chicken and some wide noodles.
Excellent lemon type of chicken, I marinated it for four hours and it came through. Garlic, Lemon and olive oil make a great flavor profile. Thank you for sharing.
When I saw this recipe I knew it was for us. We do love garlic! athis recipe is YUMMY! I t was so quick to pull together. I did use more garic and peppercorns. I then use my food sealer to speed up the marinating time. Then I grilled the chicken. MMMMMMMM! DS and I put ours over a Ceasar salad. DH ate his with potatoes and squash, I will make again. I think the next time I'll use cilantro in place of the parsley. Thanks for the ymmy recipe.