Saw a recipe which I used as a guide. Used breasts instead of pieces, increased the garlic & poached the chicken in the marinade first as my meat was very thick. Finished by browning the chicken for a more appetising appearance. YUM! Great for garlic lovers. Prep time does not include marinating time, as that can vary, depending on the time you have.
- Trim chicken as desired, cut a couple of diagonal slashes in each piece and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients, except oil and butter to food processor and blend to a paste.
- With motor running, drizzle in oil until the mixture is a pale green.
- I used about ¼ cup, but this can vary to taste.
- Cover the chicken with marinade and refrigerate for as long as possible, 3-24 hours.
- Melt butter in pan (if using) and turn the heat down.
- Place chicken breasts in pan with all the marinade and cover.
- The meat I used was very thick, but if your chicken breasts are thinner it may be possible to skip this step and just fry or grill more quickly over a higher heat.
- After about 10 minutes the steam has helped cooked through the chicken.
- Remove lid, increase heat (med-high) and brown chicken on both sides.
- I served this with a side of steamed spinach and Felicitys Stuffed Red Peppers, also here on Zaar.
- I had some leftovers, cold for lunch, and they were delicious, the garlic flavour had intensified& the meat was moist.