Recipe by grandma2969
cute name..but pretty easy and makes a nice presentation...did a version of this in home economics about 40 years ago..!
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices bread (thick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- grease 6 large muffin cups --
- Butter one side of each bread slice, place buttered side up in muffin cup and press into place.
- sprinkle each slice of bread with pepper to taste and 1/4 cup cheese.
- beat eggs and milk together in a large bowl -- add oregano to taste.
- divide mixture among muffin cups.
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, uncover and bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- serve hot.