Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From www.ranchogordo.com. Serve this with anything-on everything! Great on French bread, crackers, mini-tostada shells, scrambled eggs, slathered on grilled chicken, etc.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (NO wilty leaves!)
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely minced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce good quality extra virgin olive oil (about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Chop the fresh cilantro coarsely.
- Place the cilantro along with the other ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Once marinating is complete, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Giuseppe grita `el: ¡Buen apetito!