1/5 Photos of Favourite Mexican Wedding Cakes - Pecan Cookie Balls!
1 hr 10 mins
Um Safia's Note:
I love these gorgeous little balls! The use of nuts & icing sugar reminds me of Algerian style cookies - my husband loves them as they are so similar. If you give them a few coats of confectioners sugar youwill get a beautiful finish. This recipe was originally from McCormicks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 0.59 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml finely chopped pecans
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar (you may need a touch extra too!)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the confectioners sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; beat until well blended. Stir in flour and pecans.
- 2Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3Bake 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheets. Immediately roll hot cookies in the confectioners sugar. Place sugared cookies on wire racks to cool.
- 4When cool, roll again in sugar at least once but I like to do it twice for a better finish.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favourite Mexican Wedding Cakes - Pecan Cookie Balls!
Serving Size: 1 (1005 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 40.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g