Recipe by Margo59
A nice change from salty snacks. This is a sweet and salty mix and is highly addictive. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by airforce354supply
Been making this for years and no matter where I take it I get asked for the recipe. It makes a great gift. I use only Cashews for the nuts because my family does not care for all the nuts in mixed nuts. So any type of nuts work. I use extra Crispix or pretzels and it always turns out. Easy recipe for the new cook.
- 6 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 (10 ounce) can mixed nuts
- 1 (10 ounce) bag pretzel sticks
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Place 1/3 of mix on greased 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes; stir and bake 6 minutes longer.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Repeat with remaining mix.