Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice change from salty snacks. This is a sweet and salty mix and is highly addictive. Hope you enjoy.
- 6 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 (10 ounce) can mixed nuts
- 1 (10 ounce) bag pretzel sticks
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, nuts and pretzels.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Place 1/3 of mix on greased 15 x 10 baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes; stir and bake 6 minutes longer.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Repeat with remaining mix.
Been making this for years and no matter where I take it I get asked for the recipe. It makes a great gift. I use only Cashews for the nuts because my family does not care for all the nuts in mixed nuts. So any type of nuts work. I use extra Crispix or pretzels and it always turns out. Easy recipe for the new cook.
This is awesome. I made this for a family reunion and had none left to bring home. Thanks!
This is sooo tasty. Something I make often just for snacking. I like to decrease the recipe to half or 2/3rds because it makes SO much, and there's only 3 of us to eat it. I usually use a ratio that's more cereal, less pretzels. I also like to add craisins when it comes out of the oven.
I do find that the posted oven time is too long- my first batch tasted a bit burnt and I even took it out early.