Kiddos Favorite Trail Mix
photo by Charlotte J
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal (honey nut, plain and apple cinnamon work equally as well)
- 1 cup goldfish crackers or 1 cup other cheese crackers
- 1 cup cherry-flavored dried cranberries (or other favorite dried fruit)
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup other favorite nuts (although be aware of children's potential allergy to peanuts)
- 1 cup miniature M&M's chocolate candies (or other chocolate candy)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips or 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists or 1 cup pretzel stick
- Throw everything together in a sealed container.
- Store in cool, dry area (to prevent melting of chocolate candies/chips and other soft ingredients).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I firmly believe everything tastes better when you had nothing to do with the preparation or clean up. <br /><br />I used to have a few favorite cookbooks, but this site has easily replaced them....I love the ease of searching for exactly what I need and the feature of seeing what others have rated the particular recipe. <br /><br />I'm a mother to 2 kids. I stay at home and provide childcare so I can be with them during the day. <br /><br />For fun I enjoy reading, shopping & movies, as well as getting together with friends & family for games & cards. LOVE to travel when the $ is available. BIG into Jimmy Buffett.</p>