Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like these a lot. Not sure why they were goey, I've not experienced that. Be sure to cook them enouhg, and check the centers.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk (I use low fat)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (I use whole wheat)
- 3 cups all-bran cereal (any kind will do)
- Boil 1 cup water and pour over 3 cups'All Bran' cereal and mix.
- Mix all other ingredients and add to the bran mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 approximately full.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until knife in center comes out clean.
- You can store extra batter in the fridge and make warm muffins several times.
I found nothing wrong with these. They came together easily and baked as planned. Not gooey at all. Made a batch and have lots frozen for "afters." Thanks Lisaural
I did not have a gooey issue at all. I used Raisin Bran, so I had some fruit in them too. I did change the temp setting to 375Â°F and increase the baking time to 28 minutes. This is an excellent basic recipe. Thanks!
AARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! Why is it so gooey in the center? There is waaaayy too much baking soda in this recipe, as it has a weird chemical aftertaste. Never to be made again. And I followed this to the letter!