Recipe by A la Carte
I made this up the other night because I ran out of fat free yogurt for a raita. It was great on our grilled Thai chicken, and I'm sure it would be great with grilled fish or shrimp, on grilled veggies, etc. Very refreshing, but with a kick! Add an extra chipotle if you love spicy... If you have fresh tomatoes or cucumber, de-seed them and finely chop and add them in, for a great relish!
- 16 ounces fat free sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 spring onions
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Roughly chop all the veggies, from garlic to onions, and add to a mini-chopper (or blender, but my mini-chopper works soooo much better).
- Add the sour cream, salt, cumin and lime juice.
- Blend until well mixed, but with a little texture.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving. Check for seasoning and add ground pepper and salt if needed.