Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a really fast working marinade that is very fast and easy to make. It tenderizes round steak enough to barbecue, and also gives great flavour to pork chops.
- Put soy sauce in a 1 cup measure.
- Add lemon juice to make 1/2 cup.
- Add water to make one cup. Place beef steaks or pork flat in a non-metallic dish.
- Pour marinade over.
- Marinate for at least 1/2 hour or up to 3 hours.
- If marinade doesn't completely cover meat, turn half way through.
- If I am marinating for 3 hours, I turn every half hour.
This was really good, and incredibly simple. I was a little leery that this would be good with so little ingredients, but wow! I did add a splash of sesame oil in keeping with the Asian flavor and marinated thin pork chops for about 3 hours... They grilled up very tender and flavorful. Will definitely use this again when grilling. Thanks for sharing the recipe.