Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
I *love* quesadillas, so I came up with this one for a quick and easy breakfast. You can substitute add or take away pretty much anything. It's easily modified for the pickiest of eaters. Toppings are not included in nutritional facts.
- Crack egg into small bowl.
- Salt and Pepper and desired.
- Add Tbs milk and whisk until scrambled.
- Spray a regular dinner plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla on plate.
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top of cheese in a spiral shape.
- Place in microwave for one minute.
- Cut meat into small pieces (less than bite size).
- Sprinkle on top of egg and cheese from microwave, and top with some more cheese.
- (I tend to add onions and jalapeno peppers here; totally optional).
- Place 2nd tortilla on top and microwave for 30 secs - 1 minute (until egg is done to your liking and cheese is melted).
- Cut with pizza cutter, add whatever toppings you desire, and serve.
THANK YOU for posting this recipe that is so simple yet so good! It made for lots of kitchen fun for me, my husband and our boys. We served them with homemade salsa (see Salsa By Chef #578370 on Food.com) and the flavors mixed really well.
Our modifications: We scrambled the egg mixture in a skillet until fluffy and done, laid the tortillas out on a griddle set to 325 degrees, placed the cooked egg, pre-shredded cheddar cheese and (browned in a skillet first) pre-cooked ham (diced) onto half the tortilla, folded it over and pressed it down with a spatula (to let it get a little crunchy), then flip and repeat. I like most everything spicy, so I added tiny bits of imported green chilies to mine.
Loved this! I've never made a quesadilla in the microwave before, but I definitely will be again haha!! I had it for dinner one night as my partner was out and I couldn't be bothered to cook properly! I just stuck to ham, cheese and egg as I was feeling any vegetables, delicious!
Very fast! I thought it was very good. I put salsa inside and chopped up salami. I have to say, though, that mine could easily have fed two! Oh well, lunch is made! Thanks for sharing, made for Name that Ingredient tag game, 2013