Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I wanted to thin out some of my cookbook collection so I decided to place some of my favorite recipes here. This is from the Amish Friends cookbook. Yummy breakfast that has potatoes, bacon and eggs all cooked in one skillet.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Reduced to 1 serving, I used 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 green onion, 1 c hash browns, and 1/3 c shredded cheese topped with 1 egg. Wonderfully filling and tasty breakfast! Thanks for posting Glo! Made fpr Recipe Swap #47.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook bacon and onions in skillet until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and onions from skillet. Break or chop bacon into small pieces. Drain all but 1/3 cup drippings from skillet.
- Add potatoes and brown.
- Sprinkle bacon and onions over the potatoes. Make five wells in potatoes and break one egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.