Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to thin out some of my cookbook collection so I decided to place some of my favorite recipes here. This is from the Amish Friends cookbook. Yummy breakfast that has potatoes, bacon and eggs all cooked in one skillet.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook bacon and onions in skillet until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and onions from skillet. Break or chop bacon into small pieces. Drain all but 1/3 cup drippings from skillet.
- Add potatoes and brown.
- Sprinkle bacon and onions over the potatoes. Make five wells in potatoes and break one egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Reduced to 1 serving, I used 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 green onion, 1 c hash browns, and 1/3 c shredded cheese topped with 1 egg. Wonderfully filling and tasty breakfast! Thanks for posting Glo! Made fpr Recipe Swap #47.
This is very good. We had it for dinner with multigrain bread. The onions did get brown too soon so I would agree about putting them in with the hash browns. It tastes just like a dish at a favorite restaurant where we eat breakfast.
Lovely recipe Crafty Lady. It was easy to prepare, the only differance I did was add a small chopped Jalapeno and some sliced fresh tomatoe from the garden. Put it all together, sprinkled a combo of shredded chedder and mozzerella over the top and cooked as directed. It came out perfect with the eggs medium which is how we like it. Love the one pan cooking which made for easy clean up. Served with hot coffee and home made bread toasted with jelly. YUM!! Thanks for posting.