Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to thin out some of my cookbook collection so I decided to place some of my favorite recipes here. This is from the Amish Friends cookbook. Yummy breakfast that has potatoes, bacon and eggs all cooked in one skillet.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook bacon and onions in skillet until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon and onions from skillet. Break or chop bacon into small pieces. Drain all but 1/3 cup drippings from skillet.
- Add potatoes and brown.
- Sprinkle bacon and onions over the potatoes. Make five wells in potatoes and break one egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Reduced to 1 serving, I used 2 slices turkey bacon, 1 green onion, 1 c hash browns, and 1/3 c shredded cheese topped with 1 egg. Wonderfully filling and tasty breakfast! Thanks for posting Glo! Made fpr Recipe Swap #47.
This is very good. We had it for dinner with multigrain bread. The onions did get brown too soon so I would agree about putting them in with the hash browns. It tastes just like a dish at a favorite restaurant where we eat breakfast.