My grandmother used to make this for my granddad. She always believed in hearty breakfasts. I only make this about once a year because it is not very healthy but nonetheless, it is delicious.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 large potatoes, cooked,peeled,and cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon in a medium skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Set bacon aside to drain on papertowels.
- Add green pepper, onion, and potatoes to skillet; cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are browned.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes, and stir until cheese melts.
- Pour eggs into skillet; cook over low heat, stirring gently, until done.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Fantastic breakfast!!! I made this, scaled back, as written. Loved all the flavors added from the onion and green pepper and that it was a one pan meal. I used a large red skinned potato that I microwaved but can see throwing in extra potatoes when we are having baked potatoes for dinner too. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats again.