Recipe by Secret Agent
Ok it really isn't rice at all but two low carb variations on Ricotta cheese we came up with out of desperation for a quick dessert. Low carb lovers will enjoy this. Feel free to doll it up anyway you like. Takes seconds to make, a little chill time and helps with those summertime cravings.
Top Review by Queen Roachie
Yum! I'm watching carbs and didn't want to use the oven to make a baked ricotta dessert. Made the cinnamon version and added some cocoa powder to make chocolate. Thanks for sharing! I'll try lemon next time.
- 1 pint ricotta cheese, divided (whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the ricotta cheese into two bowls. In bowl one add a tablespoon of Splenda and a teaspoon of cinnamon and stir well, refrigerate.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle a bit of nutmeg or cocoa on top and add whipped cream.
- In bowl two add one tablespoon of Splenda and the juice and zest of the lemon and stir well, refrigerate. OPTIONAL: Stir in a quarter cup of berries and top with whipped cream.
- NOTE: If you would like a thicker pudding, drain the ricotta cheese in a strainer which is fitted with a coffee filter suspended over a bowl. A couple of hours or even overnight will make a difference.
- Hope you like it.