Recipe by Megan's Mommy
From the Famous Dave's cookbook. This summertime punch is served right in the watermelon. You could add vodka to make it adult if you wish. The original recipe calls for tangerine concentrate, but Zaar wont let me add that, so I changed it to orange.
- 1 large watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup grenadine
- 1 quart Sprite
- 1 gallon rainbow sherbet
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top 1/3 off the watermelon.
- Hollow out the shell, saving the watermelon fruit.
- Put the shell in the fridge to chill.
- Using a blender, puree the watermelon in batches.
- Strain through a small strainer until you have 8 cups watermelon juice.
- Add the concentrates, lime juice, and grenadine.
- Chill this mixture until serving time.
- When ready to serve, add the sprite to the watermelon juice mixture.
- Pour into hollowed out watermelon shell, add scoops of rainbow sherbet and serve.