Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Flour's Famous Banana Bread Recipe courtesy Chef Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery in Boston
Make and share this Famous Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I've made this a number of times and it is the best banana bread I have ever had. I always add about 1/2 teaspoon of banana extract for a little extra banana taste. Very moist!
Without a doubt, this is the best Banana Bread ever. It is tastey and moist. It is absolutely decadent if you slice it and toast it under a toaster oven and then put a little butter on the slice. It also works well for muffins. Then you have portion control. The muffins freeze well too. Try it. You will not be disappointed!
This is an extremely moist and delicious banana bread.I first found the recipe from Food Network and when I saw it here I knew I had to review it.I've made it twice now both times using sour cream and only whisking the sugar and eggs for a minute or two.It's so good that the last time I made it I doubled the recipe.I have made a lot of different banana breads but this is my favorite so far and my husband agrees.It's wonderful!