Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a wonderful comfort dish that is perfect when the first nip in the air makes its presence. Time does not include freezing.
- 8 large potatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded & divided
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and bay leaves in a large kettle; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Place potatoes in the freezer for 1 hour and do not drain cooking water.
- Drain potatoes; peel and grate.
- Place in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Combine the sour cream, soup, 1 cup cheese, and onions; spread over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with cornflakes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until bubbly.