Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on a can of kidney beans. Thought it would be a change from just bean salads that were usually fixed in the summer.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped apple
- Combine in a bowl and season to taste with salt & pepper. Cooking time is actually marinating time.
Yum! This was a nice light bean salad. I made it today to take for lunch this week, but had to steal a few bites tonight to try it out. It is really tasty! I used a pink lady apple, which added nice sweetness. I appreciate that it doesn't make an overwhelming amount like many bean salads can. Just realized I left out s/p, but don't think it's needed. I will definitely make again! Wanted to say thanks, AuntSana, for picking and reviewing my recipe for PAC this year! (Don't have z-mail yet.) Made for Bargain Basement Tag game. I definitely recommend this recipe!