Feeding my Family's Note:
We all know that fried chicken isn't healthy, but that doesn't stop me from salivating when I smell it frying it the grocery store's deli. As long as it isn't kosher, I don't think twice, but when it is, it takes all my self control not to buy it and eat it all in the car before I can even get home. Rather than let it destroy my health & my diet, I had to find an alternative. I was inspired by Susie Fishbein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set out two bowls. Place 1 c falafel mix into a ziplock bag and 2c into a bowl. Add 2 1/2 c of water to bowl of falafel mix and stir until fully combined. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Pound each breast thin and slice into strips.
- 4Put the strips into the ziplock bag with the falafel mix and shake until completely coated.
- 5Once the wet batter is a slightly liquid consistency and spreadable (if it is too thick add a little water 1 T at a time), take each chicken strip out of the bag shake off the excess powder and dip into the batter. Then place on a cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- 6Once all the chicken strips are in a single layer on the cookie sheet, lightly spray the tops of the chicken strips with olive oil.
- 7Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until cooked throughout and the edges are crispy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falafel Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 76.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: