Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We all know that fried chicken isn't healthy, but that doesn't stop me from salivating when I smell it frying it the grocery store's deli. As long as it isn't kosher, I don't think twice, but when it is, it takes all my self control not to buy it and eat it all in the car before I can even get home. Rather than let it destroy my health & my diet, I had to find an alternative. I was inspired by Susie Fishbein.
- Set out two bowls. Place 1 c falafel mix into a ziplock bag and 2c into a bowl. Add 2 1/2 c of water to bowl of falafel mix and stir until fully combined. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound each breast thin and slice into strips.
- Put the strips into the ziplock bag with the falafel mix and shake until completely coated.
- Once the wet batter is a slightly liquid consistency and spreadable (if it is too thick add a little water 1 T at a time), take each chicken strip out of the bag shake off the excess powder and dip into the batter. Then place on a cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Once all the chicken strips are in a single layer on the cookie sheet, lightly spray the tops of the chicken strips with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until cooked throughout and the edges are crispy.