Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is vegan recipe for imitation bacon bits made with textured vegetable protein. Easy to make, easy to eat! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (optional, but I found it needed just a little to kick it up a notch)
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable oil-I used corn oil)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- Place the liquid smoke, soy sauce, salt, ketchup, oil and water in a measuring cup.
- Stir and let stand until fully absorbed, about 25-30 minutes.
- Spread over a baking sheet and bake at 250, stirring every 15 minutes until they're dried out, 30-45 minutes.
- Store in the freezer.