Recipe by thesinglebite
This is a super easy and quick recipe for black beans that can be used in tacos, burritos, on salads or even by itself it's like chili. To make it even faster and easier just hit the salad bar at the supermarket for some already diced peppers and onions and any toppings for tacos. This way you can also get just as much as you need so nothing goes to waste. www.thesinglebite.com
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add everything to a saucepan, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes 4 servings - each serving enough to fill 2 taco size tortillas.
- Note: I like to drain excess liquid prior to filling tacos. However, if some of the mixture you can leave in the liquid and freeze in a tupperware.
- Nutrition Info: 106 calories, 0g Fat, 4.5g Fiber, 6g Protein.
- (add 2 corn tortillas for about 120 calories).