Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great alternative to tomato based sauces for people with intolerances to tomatoes like my daughters. I use this on pasta or as a pizza topping.
- 2 spring onions (or 1 leek)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 500 g lean ground beef (low-fat & preservative-free)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, dissolved in
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken stock
- In a heavy-based frying pan or large saucepan, stir-fry spring onions and garlic in oil, remove from pan.
- Add mince and stir until cooked. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add spring onions, garlic, parsley, sea salt and corn flour mixture, stir until thickened.
- Serve on pasta, noodles, rice, mashed potato, toast, pizza or in jaffles and pies.
- Suitable to make a double batch and freeze, should be used in 4 weeks to avoid amines buildup.