Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is very simple to make and very tasty. The recipe is courtsy of an Italian catering and seen on tv.
- 1 lb green beans, cleaned and cut
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add green beans to a pot of water and cook until the beans are tender---about 20 to 30 minutes,and drain well. I believe that canned green beans could be used.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and garlic; saute the garlic, but make sure the garlic does not get brown in color.
- Strain the tomatoes and discard liquid; smash up the tomatoes with a fork and drain away any excess juice.
- Add the tomatoes to the olive oil & garlic and season with salt and pepper; cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, the water will begin to evaporate, and you will notice more of the olive oil; that is when the sauce is ready.
- Add the cooked green beans to the frying pan and incorporate the sauce with the greens beans, serve.
Add a nice size chunk of crusty Italian bread on the side and you have a meal! Made this with fresh garden tomatoes instead of canned and we sopped up every remaining morsel of this dish with bread. What a delicious and healthy lunch. Thanks so much for sharing Barb. I just love your recipes!
This was good but a little dry--I found myself adding back some of the liquid I had strained from the tomatoes. I also added a bit of pepperoncini to give just a little heat.