Recipe by Barb G.
This recipe is very simple to make and very tasty. The recipe is courtsy of an Italian catering and seen on tv.
Top Review by mermaidmagic
Add a nice size chunk of crusty Italian bread on the side and you have a meal! Made this with fresh garden tomatoes instead of canned and we sopped up every remaining morsel of this dish with bread. What a delicious and healthy lunch. Thanks so much for sharing Barb. I just love your recipes!
- 1 lb green beans, cleaned and cut
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Add green beans to a pot of water and cook until the beans are tender---about 20 to 30 minutes,and drain well. I believe that canned green beans could be used.
- In a frying pan, add olive oil and garlic; saute the garlic, but make sure the garlic does not get brown in color.
- Strain the tomatoes and discard liquid; smash up the tomatoes with a fork and drain away any excess juice.
- Add the tomatoes to the olive oil & garlic and season with salt and pepper; cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, the water will begin to evaporate, and you will notice more of the olive oil; that is when the sauce is ready.
- Add the cooked green beans to the frying pan and incorporate the sauce with the greens beans, serve.