Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
365 Easy Italian Recipes Serves 4. Beans Cooked in the Style of Little Birds – White beans can be used in place of the black-eyed peas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen black-eyed peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sage and cook until garlic is fragrant, but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, raise heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add black-eyed peas and cook 5 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.