1/3 Photos of Fabulous Marble Pound Cake
1 hr 40 mins
This fabulous classic pound cake is anything but boring. Moist and delicious, the way pound cake should be. Adapted from Montreal pastry chef, Marcy Goldman. MAKE AHEAD: Wrapped in foil the cake will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week or frozen for up to 2 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch process
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup milk
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Spray an 8" X 4" bread pan with non-stick cooking spray and line the pan with parchment paper. Spray the paper.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter with the cocoa and blend until smooth.
- 4Using a food processor, mix the softened butter with the granulated sugar. When combined, add eggs and vanilla and continue to process until creamy. Add the dry ingredients and pulse until JUST combined. Finally, add cream and process until smooth. Add 1 cup of this batter to the bowl with the cocoa and stir until smooth.
- 5Pour half of the remaining batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Spread the chocolate batter in the pan and then top with the rest of the batter. Using a butter knife, decoratively cut 5 swirls in the batter.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes at 350°. Reduce the temperature to 325° and bake for an additional 25 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Let the pound cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fabulous Marble Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (984 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4087.0
- Calories from Fat 2071
- Total Fat 230.1 g
- Saturated Fat 141.1 g
- Cholesterol 992.6 mg
- Sodium 1828.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 471.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 269.1 g
- Protein 44.7 g