Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
I've tried many recipes for roll-out, cut-out cookies and this is IT! The cookies are tender and have a perfect taste. It doesn't make a gigantic amount either. For chocolate cookies, stir 3 oz melted unsweetened chocolate into the dough.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix baking powder and flour and add it to the dough one cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- If the dough is too stiff, add water one tsp at a time.
- Do not chill the dough.
- Divide dough into two balls.
- Between sheets of waxed paper, roll out each ball into a 12" diameter circle, 1/8" thick.
- Cut out cookies.
- Bake on an ungreased ccokie sheet at 400° for 6-7 minutes (or longer if large cutters are used).
- Frost & enjoy!
Great, very easy to make and work with. Thanks
very tasty, you can probably change the vanilla extract for any other flavoring and they would still come out great. A little messy when cutting out, they break easily and kept me wondering if I was doing something wrong.. that's why I won't give them 5 stars. but they taste great! thanks!
Awesome and such an easy dough to do with my son who is 5 and doesn't have the patience for Mommy to chill the dough and then cut out! We added miniture chocolate chips, hershey's kisses to our cut outs and baked and came out awesome! Thanks again.