Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and very easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup applesauce (no sugar added preferred)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add applesauce.
- Mix in baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Dredge raisins in flour, then add both flour and raisins to batter.
- Bake in a greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan for 20-25 minutes at 350°.
- Cool thoroughly in pan.
- Frost with a powdered sugar glaze.
- Cut into bars.
Excellent, easy and cheap. I put cream cheese frosting on them and they were just wonderful. Like a flattish spice cake, could almost be carrot cake without the carrrots. I made them for a tea party for a group of French people and they ate them right up. A keeper for sure and you probably have everything you need at home to make them. I would use the cream cheese icing or a powdered sugar glaze on them though, or vanilla icing instead of leaving them plain, but that is a personal preference.
Very easy and very tasty! I especially liked that were no eggs in the batter so I could lick the beaters!!!! I didn't use a glaze on mine, I just dusted it with the powdered sugar. YUM!