Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy and rich.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate in the sweetened condensed milk over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, eggs, butter, and salt; mix until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the pecan halves, if desired; mix well and pour into the crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack then cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.