Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this in a French cookbook. I had some diced fruit left over from my Christmas cake and decided to try it. Any type of dried fruit can be used.
- 3 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- 3 ounces candied papaya, diced
- 3 ounces candied apricots, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lenghthwise use seeds only
- 9 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the fruit with 3 tablespoons of flour to coat.
- Sprinkle with Vanilla seeds and mix.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Add remaining flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in fruit mixture.
- Bake in a 8 1/2 inch loaf pan for 5 minutes.
- Lower the oven temp to 350 F and continue baking for 40 to 50 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with rum.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature.