Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wheat bread- great for sandwiches. This recipe is adaptable in that you can substitute honey for molasses, and in adding addtional grains. Makes three loaves.
- Combine water, molasses and yeast. Let sit about 10 minutes, or until very bubbly.
- Add salt, oil and flours.
- Knead until well combined.
- Place in oiled bowl and let rise until doubled. ( I heat a cup of water in the microwave until boiling, then place the dough and the water in the microwave to raise.).
- Once doubled, punch down.
- Knead briefly (about 3 minutes).
- Divide dough into three equal sections.
- Take each section and stretch in to a 8X12 retangle.
- Starting with the short edge, roll up and place seam side down in a greased loaf pan.
- Let rise until double.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
We loved this bread. ! ! I did subsitute honey for the molasses though. baking time was on the dot, and ended up a real nice flavorful bread. Made for PAC 2013.