1/1 Photo of Eufs En Meurette
chef 1023390's Note:
This is basically,oven poached eggs with a creamy sauce. Im fairly sure that it originated in france but dont abuse me if im wrong !! I dont specify how much vinegar to use as this is up to your own taste. A 'ramekin dish' is a porcelain pyrex dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring fresh cream to a boil in a small saucepan,remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Add vinegar and set aside.
- 2Take six ramekin dishes( i use the small ones that hold about 150ml).
- 3coat the inside with butter.
- 4crack 2 eggs into each dish(dont break the yolk) and put the ramekins into a flat bottom ovenproof dish or tray,pour hot water into the tray until it comes halfway up the side of the ramekins.and cook in a 200c oven . watch the progress of the cooking carefully; The eggs will be cooked when the whites have become opaque and the yolks are still liquid.(cook longer if you like them well done). remove from oven and top with sauce,parsley and nuts.
- 5Another way to serve this is let the ramekins cool enough to handle then carefully turn the eggs onto a plate and chill. when cold cover with sauce and nuts and serve with salad and toasted bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eufs En Meurette
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.7
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.6 g
- Saturated Fat 42.5 g
- Cholesterol 594.5 mg
- Sodium 290.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g