Ethiopian Sauteed Lamb or Beef
- Cut meat into thin 2 inch long strips and mix with garlic.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and hot peppers until onion is light golden (about 4 to 5 min).
- Add red pepper ans salt; saute until red pepper is tender (about 2 to 3 min).
- Transfer onion mixture to bowl.
- In same pan, melt butter over high heat and saute meat mixture until seared all over (about 2 min).
- Stir in Berbere spice mix to taste; saute for 30 seconds.
- Serve with injera bread and Tomato & Cucumber salad.
- Keep extra Berbere spice mix on table to sprinkle over meat as desired.