This tangy dip was made with goat or sheep's cheese, but you can substitute more readily available soft cheeses and add a little more lemon zest to simulate the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh goat cheese or 1 lb sheep's milk cheese, farmer's cheese or 1 lb pot cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 -3 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon salt, about
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, about
- 1Combine all the ingredients.
- 2The mixture should be thick enough to maintain its shape.
- 3Serve with injera (Ethiopian pancake bread) or pita bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ethiopian Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.3
- Calories from Fat 619
- Total Fat 68.7 g
- Saturated Fat 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 2348.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 50.3 g