Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ice cream cookies even big kids will love. This rich tasting coffee treat will make those who don't like coffee change their minds. This is from Guideposts.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot tap water
- 16 thin reduced-fat chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla ice cream or 1 cup frozen yogurt
- Tear off eight 8x12 sheets of foil.
- In a cup, stir together coffee and water till dissolved.
- To assemble: put one cookie on center of each sheet of foil; top each cookie with 2 tbsp ice cream.
- Working quickly; use a fork to slightly flatten ice cream.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp coffee mixture over each serving.
- Lightly press remaining cookies on ice cream, allowing coffee to drip slightly.
- Fold long sides of foil so they overlap at center; twist ends so packet resembles a piece of wrapped candy.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour to 1 week before serving.
- Time noted is freeze time.