Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My mom got this recipe from a friend and it always was a big hit for our family.
- 1 whole chicken or 8 -10 chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 box of escort cracker (or any buttery cracker)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb of melted butter
- Cook the chicken (can microwave or preferred method)- pull apart chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix both soups with sour cream.
- Crush 1-2 packets of the cracker.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Layer crushed crackers to cover bottom of pan.
- Pour 1/3 of butter over crackers.
- Add a layer of chicken, then add 1/2 of soup mix.
- Add another layer of crackers, butter, rest of chicken and soup mix.
- Finish with cracker layer and last of melted butter.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes in 350 degree oven until top brown and warmed through.