This is...not healthy, but oh so good. I got this recipe out of the Gourmet Cookbook. I've modified it only slightly. Now that I've made it once, my bf asks for it over and over again :roll: I serve it over whole grain pasta with a salad and a nice white wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage, broken into 1 inch pieces (sweet or hot)
- 10 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 head escarole, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 cups white beans (cooked or canned any variety but I used great northern)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the sausage for about 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic softens.
- 3Add escarole and cook until wilted (2 minutes).
- 4Add beans and cook for a minute.
- 5Add the stock and bring to a slow boil.
- 6Stir in the butter, cheese, tomatoes, and half of the parsley and cook until heated through and the butter is all melted.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Escarole, Sausage, & White Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.2
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 881.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g