Recipe by Manami
A nice and elegant way to serve scrambled eggs for brunch, holiday guests or a very special day! You can make these puffs ahead of time and then at the last minute, scramble the eggs and if feeling perfectly decadent, serve with caviar. Found these originally on Pepperidge Farm web site but have tweaked it slightly.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagepepperidge farm frozen puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (green parts only) or 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (green parts only)
- black caviar, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake pastry according to package directions & keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups milk and salt.
- Cook and stir until mixture bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir Swiss & Parmesan cheese; cook & stir until smooth and sauce begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Set Mornay sauce aside and keep warm.
- Beat eggs and remaining milk in bowl.
- Heat oil and remaining butter in skillet.
- Add eggs and stir lightly, until eggs are light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground coarse black pepper.
- Spoon eggs into pastry shells.
- Top each with 3 tablespoons of Mornay sauce.
- Sprinkle with chives or scallions.
- If desired, top with caviar.