Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
For the ZWT6 Tour - German Region. Found on a German Recipe website. "These cookies not only taste good, they look really pretty too. Pack them in a colourful box or wrap in cellophane and give as gifts too." Preparation does NOT include the 1 hour of chill time needed.
- Mix together the flour, butter, egg yolk, confectioner's sugar, vanilla, pinch of salt and the grated lemon rind to form a dough. Leave the dough in a cool place for an hour.
- Out of the dough make small balls and place on a lightly sprayed prepared baking tray. Make a small indentation in the middle of each ball, using your little finger and fill the hole, using a teaspoon, with raspberry jam.
- Bake your cookies at 375F (or 200 degrees C) for about 15 minutes.
- Leave them to cool and remove to a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening together. Coat the bottom of each cookie with melted chocolate and leave until firm on waxed paper.
Delicious cookies. Buttery and lemony. I did have to make a slight adjustment to the recipe. I used 8 Tbsp butter instead of 6. The dough was not forming with just 6 Tbsp. Came out delicious!