Recipe by Courtly
"In these moist bars, dried fruit, nuts, and toasted wheat germ are the energy boosters."
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 2⁄3 cups low-fat granola, without raisins
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with foil.
- Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine granola, dates, coconut, walnuts, brown sugar, flour, wheat germ, and raisins.
- In small bowl, combine honey, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Add to cereal mixture; stir until completely moistened.
- Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Using foil, lift cookies from pan.
- Cut into bars.