Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2003 10 minutes on the prep time is inactive.
Make and share this Emeril's Spiced Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mixed nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts and almonds
- Mix spices and reserve.
- Heat nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until begin to toast, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, water and spices to the hot skillet and cook, stirring, until a glaze forms, about 1 minute.
- Return the nuts to the skillet and toss to combine with the glaze.
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the nuts are glazed and golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, separating with a fork.
- Let rest until cooled and the sugar has hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
I have been looking for a simple spiced nut recipe and have found the perfect one. Not to sweet or spicy.
BH & I thought this recipe was okay, nothing great. I feel that the sugars came together well to coat the nuts. I'm not sure what it was missing, but to me, it needed something. My BH's family enjoyed it a lot so it wasn't a total loss.
This recipe is fantastic! I made it exactly as it is written and it turned out really well. It provides a very nice blend of sweet and spicy and is very addicting! I did increase the recipe by 1/2 so that I could use 3 cups of nuts (1 cup each of pecans, walnuts, and almonds).