Recipe by Sarah L.
I say #2 because I found another Emeril Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe on here and it was significantly different. I found this one on the FoodNetwork website. I made this in my 10" springform and it worked fine with a bit of the crust mix leftover. I also put aluminum foil around the base of the pan and baked the cheesecake in a water bath to keep it from cracking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 crushed wafers)
- 1 cup pecans, ground
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the wafer crumbs, ground pecans and melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 12-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mix the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and process until blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, processing until fully incorporated, then blend in the heavy cream.
- Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the pan. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until the cheesecake is just set. Remove from the oven.
- Use a knife to loosen the cake from the side of the pan; this will prevent it from splitting down the center.
- Let cool completely before slicing.