Recipe by alligirl
Taken from the Emeril cookbook, Louisiana Real and Rustic; posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by PKG
Made this without a candy thermometer--living on the edge! I took it off the heat about 1 minute early and watched it like hawk. It created a sweet and crunchy praline! Very easy, just have to watch it carefully and make sure not to burn it! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb packed light brown sugar (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, butter, and water in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Continue to stir for 3 to 4 minutes; the mixture will begin to boil.
- Add the pecans and continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper.
- Let cool.
- Remove from the paper with a thin knife.
- NOTE: Pralines may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks.