Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Because where he gets his water, it don't come seasoned.
Make and share this Emeril's Cajun Water recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch Emeril's Original Essence (BAM!)
- 1 lemon (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- 30 -40 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1 ham hock (optional)
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream (optional)
- Place water in saucepan- very simple; this ain't rocket science, folks.
- Use your knob to heat the water on low (turn the heat up if you don't have 2 hours to spend, but-2 hours is really a food of love thing; drinking 2 beers ought to do it).
- (I said to myself: self!) relax and get one of those cold frozen things- it will make you happy, happy, happy.
- Don't jack the fire up to high unless you are on good terms with the fire department (but if you do start a fire- don't run out as fast as you can to remodel your house- stick around!).
- That's what those lines are on there for.
- Heat to a boil- oh yeah babe (really hot!).
- Season with salt, pepper, and Essence (BAM!).
- Fork a lemon if it turns you on.
- Add a pinch of cinnaminnamom to kick it up a notch.
- You could put in 30-40 cloves of garlic, or a ham hock, because pork fat rules!
- Add a teaspoon of heavy cream if it thrills you, because somebody has to keep the Dairy Farmers of America in business.
- And there you have it- use water where called for in Cajun recipes.
5 stars for the humor... but you must have missed the part where the audience groans at the amount of butter or fat used, and E! justifies it by saying "Hey, it feeds 10 people!" and everyone becomes semi-rational about the whole thing; then they're distracted by the strange cholesterol glow. Next, E!'s house band performs (my husband still marvels at this "Tonight Show" aspect of the whole thing) and all is good.
Thank you for this recipe. It's a food of love thing.
Best recipe in a long time. I'll get lots of use from this, thanks so much for posting this great recipe Sue. I could no longer live without it, you are truly a lifesaver.