Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yep the fair again. Yep the prize cake in the Angel Food Divison. Yep in both the papers just like the Chocolate Cake, The Chocolate Strawberry bars, the apple pie.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, see note
- 1 3⁄4 cups egg whites, 11 to 13 count
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- OK FOLLOW THIS EXACTLY. She doesn't say but prepare the Angel Food pan in the normal manner.
- NOTE: Sift the flour and the sugar together five time.
- Put the whites, salt in a bowl and beat on number eight until foamy then add the tartar and beat on number 8 until stiff and stand in peaks, that is about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. DO NOT OVER BEAT UNTIL DRY.
- Sprinkle in gradually: the granulated sugar while beating on number seven speed. Beat only until sugar is blended, about 1 1/3 minutes then turn to number one speed and add the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Sprinkle the sifted flour and sugar. Mix evenly and quickly. Beat only enough to blend for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour into pan. Cut thru the batter with a knife three times.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan upside down for about 1 hour.