Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
You just have to love Gingerbread Men. They are great fun to make. Grandkids and I use make them every Christmas season when they were younger. And shorter.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar til smooth.
- Stir in, molasses and egg yolk.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg; blend into the molasses mix.
- til smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350%.
- On lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Frost and decorate.
- At Easter, for an added surprise, I like to dip them in melted chocolate and then decorate.
I am giving this 5 stars because it makes perfectly soft chewy cookies, not hard crunchy ones. I baked them for the full 10 minutes and followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I would change is the amount of cloves - I agree with those who say it's too much cloves. Thanks for the great recipe Myrna 2!
So perfect and delicious! I added 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup applesauce.
I had to add flour because the dough was really sticky but these are really good!!