Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the BEST string bean casserole I have ever had! Ellen brought this to our Menu #438 , it was a big hit. She even made me some as a gift, later. This will definitely be served at our table at Thanksgivings, and many meals between. She was kind enough to share her version of the classic
- 16 ounces green beans (frozen, thawed, french cut, or fresh, small green beans, blanched for 5 minutes)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mushroom (fresh, thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups French-fried onions (can)
- Blanch or thaw green beans.
- Mix all ingredients, reserving 1/2 can of the onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Top with other half of onion rings, and return to oven for another 5 minutes.