1/1 Photo of Elitetwig's First Time Guide to Ice a Christmas Cake.
Yes, it was my first in icing and decorating a Christmas Cake, I am that proud I wish to share it.
My Private Note
icing d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you have thawed your Christmas Cake please de-thaw prior to using this guide. If you have your Christmas Cake ready -- Let's go.
- 2Warm Apricot Jam through until it sightly bubbles. Either on the hob or in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Set this aside.
- 3Dust surface with a little icing sugar.
- 4Roll out marzipan, dusting now and then, to desired size enough to cover cake top and sides.
- 5Brush Cake with Apricot Jam, this ensures marzipan will stick.
- 6Lift onto rolling pin and smooth out over cake, so it sticks to cake.
- 7Trim excess.
- 8Wrap Cake in clingfilm and leave for marzipan to harden for 2 days. Please store in a dry cool place.
- 92 DAYS LATER.
- 10Remove clingfilm, and brush marzipan surface with water.
- 11Prepare royal icing as described in steps 3, 4 and 6, 7.
- 12With excess icing roll into a ball and create a whole in the centre add drop of yellow food colouring and work the icing, dusting with icing sugar to prevent sticking.
- 13Once the icing has a consistent light yellow colour, roll out icing to a 1/2 cm thickness all over.
- 14Take a star shape cookie cutter (or any other shape you prefer) and cut as many stars as you can, re roll icing if more stars needed.
- 15Brush the back of the stars with water (not too much just enough to stick) and arrange on cake.
- 16At edges press stars down and trim any excess such as points that go over the edge.
- 17Once all stars have been placed, leave cake for 24hours so icing can harden.
- 18Dada! On professionally looking Christmas Cake! Well Done!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elitetwig's First Time Guide to Ice a Christmas Cake.
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 58.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: