Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tomato sandwiches was something I ate a lot of during the summer. We use to get our tomatoes at a little vegetable stand by the river where I grew up. You better have napkins on hand or eat over the sink, because if you make this with fresh tomatoes the juices will run down your elbows.
- 1 large vine ripened tomatoes (I prefer beefsteak)
- 2 slices bread
- salt and pepper
- mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- Take a chilled large vine ripened tomato slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Take 2 slices of bread and spread a good amount of mayonnaise on each slice.
- To one slice of bread add layer of tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, then top with other piece of bread.